Essay - My Most Interesting Dream

My Most Interesting Dream

Practical Centre Essays on "My Most Interesting Dream"

Dreams are the products of our subconscious state of mind. Dreams are of many kinds. But the dream which I had last Saturday was the most interesting I have ever had. I was transported into a fairy land where beautiful fairies were dancing and singing.
I dreamt that I had gone to Paris. There I went into night club and saw many exciting happenings. Twist, Ballroom and Shake dances were going on in full swing with the music blaring away. As I was watching the spectacle of dance and drama, a beautiful girl gazed upon me. I was attracted by her rosy cheeks, alluring eyes and sweet smile on her face. I at once recollected the famous poem by Keats known as “La Belle Dame Sans Merci”. Her silent expressions of love enthralled me. I was really captivated by her charm and sweetness. She was really communicating with me with her silent expressions of love and her eyes. I thought I must respond to her facial and other expressions.practicalcentre.blogspot.com
I walked up to her, introduced myself and talked to her. She also passed very lovely and witty remarks. We then both took our cup of coffee, while sipping our coffee we had a long talk to our heart’s content. At the same time I was remembering and recollecting the eternal lines of Shakespeare:
Love is not love that alters
When it finds alterations;
Or bends with the remover to remove,
Now I was in two minds. Whether her love was true or false. But I tried to be true to her. I sincerely expressed my love to her in the most unambiguous terms. We ultimately promised to marry and live as life long companions.
Soon the dance and music came to a close. With that she got up and went somewhere, saying that she would be returning soon.
But she did not turn up. I was repenting for falling in love. I was thinking that I had been betrayed by this girl who had deceived me. As I was pondering over this heart-stricken subject, my eyes opened but my mind was still groggy. I thought I was in Paris but to my surprise I found myself still in Kuala Lumpur.
In this dream I have come across a woman who has been well described by John Keats in his profound poem “La Belle Dame Sans Merci” i.e. “The Beautiful Woman Without Merci”.
Next Post Previous Post